Chair of Board at Catalyst Choices
Required for 2 days per month
£5k pa + expenses
Catalyst Choices is seeking a committed and motivated Chairperson, responsible for holding the Board and Executive Team to account in the delivery of its mission and values. Passionate about the ethics of social enterprise, social care and excellent public service, you will support and, where necessary, challenge the Managing Director, and ensure that the Board functions as a unified team to achieve the organisation’s agreed objectives. You will act as an ambassador, a public face of Catalyst Choices, in partnership with the Managing Director.
As a relatively new organisation, we are looking to make a swift and meaningful difference to the lives of the people we have been founded to help. We are seeking an individual with significant leadership experience, skilled in conflict resolution and team building, who can guide the business toward fulfilling its strategic and operational objectives, while representing our cause and the people in our care at all levels. An understanding of the NHS and its operations would be helpful, but not essential, though candidates should have a broad knowledge and understanding of social care for those with learning and physical disabilities. We operate across several key functions and in a variety of settings, so the right candidate must have the ability to oversee complex operations and functions with holistic vision and logistical excellence.
About Catalyst Choices
Catalyst Choices offers the prospect of a more fulfilling life for the people we support and their family carers, by providing personalised care and support we would be proud to give our own families.
We are a social enterprise, wholly owned by our staff. We offer a wide range of social care support services in a number of settings. As a community interest company and not for profit, assets are kept within the company and profits are reinvested to improve what we do.
We are committed to challenging common misconceptions about people with learning and physical disabilities, and work across a wide range of community and in-home care service provisions to offer a personalised service to best suit each individual we work with. We believe passionately in what we do, and every member of our team is completely committed to enriching challenging lives.
- Provide Board leadership and direction, ensuring that each Board member fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the organisation
- Act as an ambassador and spokesperson for Catalyst Choices
- Have strong and visible passion and commitment to Catalyst Choices, its strategic objectives and cause, and a personal commitment to the ethos and values of social enterprise
- Ideally display genuine interest or insight into social care of people with learning or physical disabilities
- Have experience of a Chair position, ideally in an expanding organisation
- Be in a position to commit at least two days per month to this position
- Understand the financial, administrative, leadership and strategic responsibilities of a Chair position and have demonstrable experience in relevant positions in your career
We are keen for our organisation to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we work and so we welcome applications from all sectors of society.
To download the Job Pack for this role, click the link to ‘view’ below